BELMONT PORCHFEST LOGO CONTEST: OFFICIAL RULESThis page describes the official rules (“Official Rules”) of the Belmont Porchfest Logo Contest (the “Contest”) organized by the Belmont Porchfest Planning Committee (the "Planning Committee"). The goal of this contest is to design the logo for Belmont Porchfest (the “Event”), an annual event that aims to bring together the Belmont community through music and art. By entering into the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the Official Rules.
- “Entry” means a logo design created by the Entrant for the Contest.
- “Entrant” means the individual who offers the Entry under the terms of the Contest.
- “Selection Committee” means a panel comprised of members of the Planning Committee, employees of the Town of Belmont, and individuals who have donated more than $500 to the Belmont Porchfest event by the time the Contest closes.
- The Contest is open to individuals who are Belmont residents.
- The Contest is not open to companies, educational institutions, organizations, and to groups associated with such organizations.
- Members of the Planning Committee and the Selection Committee, and their immediate family members, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- The logo design must contain the words “Belmont Porchfest.”
- Each Entrant may submit up to 5 Entries.
- Each Entry must be a full color version.
- The Entrant must submit his/her Entry or Entries to BelmontPorchfest@gmail.com. In email, the Entrant must include his/her name, phone number, and Belmont address.
- The deadline for submission is April 15, 2018 11:59 PM. No Entries submitted after this deadline will be considered.
- The Planning Committee will notify finalists via email on April 19, 2018. Each finalist must re-submit his/her Entry in the following specifications:
- Hi-Res file in JPEG and PDF format,
- a black-and-white version,
- a web ready version.
- a white version with the background removed and the logo is in white.
- Each finalist must re-submit his/her Entry to BelmontPorchfest@gmail.com. by April 24, 2018 11:59PM.
Selection of Winner
- The Selection Committee reserves the right and discretion to select the winning Entry, and its decision will be final.
- The winning Entry will be announced on April 30, 2018 5:00 PM through www.BelmontPorchfest.org.
- The winning Entrant will receive a $100 cash prize.
- Cash Prize will be mailed to the winning Entrant’s stated address in Belmont.
- The Planning Committee reserves the right to disqualify any Entries and to terminate the Contest for any reason.
- The Planning Committee reserves the right and discretion to revoke the $100 cash prize after announcing the winner, if the Planning Committee determines fraud, technical failure, or violation of the Official Rules.
- The Entrant affirms that all designs submitted are his/her original work, not based on pre-existing designs, and not in violation of the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity or any federal, provincial, state or local laws or ordinances.
- The Entrant consents that all rights and title to the winning Entry will be transferred to Belmont Porchfest, Inc. immediately upon the announcement of the winning Entry.
- The winning Entrant will be required to sign a contract that transfers all rights and title to the winning Entry to Belmont Porchfest, Inc.
- The winning Entry will become the sole property of Belmont Porchfest, Inc., which reserves the right to use the winning Entry for any purpose and on any medium, including, but not limited to, online, in print, and on merchandise.
- Belmont Porchfest, Inc. reserves the right to copy, adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning Entry in part or in its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
- Belmont Porchfest, Inc. reserves the right to register the winning Entry as its Trade Mark and Service Mark.
Acceptance and DisclaimerBy participating in the Contest, the Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has read and understood, and fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by the Official Rules.
The Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Belmont Porchfest, Inc. and its officers, agents, affiliates, contractors, contributors, subsidiaries, licensors and distributors from any and all liability, claims, or actions of any kind, including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury, and/or death, arising out of his/her (i) breach of any representation, warranty or covenant contained in these Official Rules; (ii) participation in the Contest; (iii) acceptance and/or use or misuse of any prize in connection with the Contest; or (iv) any third party claim relating to any rights in any design submitted.